[lpi-discuss] educational materials authors with access to LPI exams

Ian Shields ishields at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 30 22:49:09 EST 2007

As the author of the IBM developerWorks tutorials for LPIC-1
(http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/lpi/101.html), I can state
categorically that the only LPIC questions I have ever seen were on the
two exams I took to pass LPIC-1. I am a member of the LPI Advisory
Council, and have no access to questions through that either. Nor do I
have any privileged access because of my employer being a platinum sponsor
of LPI.

LPI is attempting to increase the size of the question pool in order to
diminish the value of brain dumps as an inappropriate means of
demonstrating the skills required for LPIC certification. I use the
detailed objectives as a guide to the material I cover in the tutorials.
If you understand the material described in the objectives you should be
able to pass the exams. The testimonials I receive suggest that my
tutorials serve their purpose well.

Ian Shields Ph.D.
Linux  Technologist, ISV & Developer Relations
IBM Corp
Research Triangle Park, NC
ishields at us.ibm.com