[lpi-discuss] About objective 1.114.1

G. Matthew Rice matt at starnix.com
Fri May 4 10:56:04 EDT 2007

"Giannis Stoilis" <giannis at stoilis.gr> writes:
> I would like some clarification[and perhaps an update] on objective
> "1.114.1 Perform security administration tasks".
>
> On .rpm based installations things look better. rpm supports the -V
> option to verify the installed binaries of a package against their
> md5sums. However, for full usage, that needs gpg/pgp keys too.
>
> Unless there is an objection about the above, my point is: Should
> there be an update on the objective to include basic gpg/pgp key
> management? Additionaly, could the phrasing of that key knowledge are
> be clarified?

Hi Giannis,

May I recommend that you join the lpi-examdev mailing list:

That's where we discuss things like this topic.  In fact, we just started a
discussion on what's missing in the current objectives (amongst other topics)
on the list.  You should probably read the archives for this week before
posting, too.

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt at starnix.com>      starnix care, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20