[lpi-discuss] Re: LPI LinkedIn groups

G. Matthew Rice matt at starnix.com
Fri Aug 1 15:48:58 EDT 2008

None of them are officially supported by LPI.

I like the idea of merging them but the idea of something official has only
been discussed in passing right now.

Regards,
--matt

Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at outlands.ca> writes:
> Damn, I accidently hit Send, and then typed in my passphrase to sign the
> email, before I was actually done with writing it.  I blame caffeine and
> multi-tasking.  Let me try again ...
>

> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to advertise my affiliation with LPI on LinkedIn.  Looking
> into LPI-related groups, I notice some redundancy.  First, there is two
> generic "Linux Professional Institute" group: one owned Ettore Simone,
> and one owned by Dave Engbers.  There is also duplicate groups for
> LPIC-1 alumni (owned respectively by Bruno Gerreiro and Ettore Simone).
>  Ettore Simone also own two other groups, for LPIC-2 and LPIC-3 alumni
> respectively.
>
> Are these people active (and, hopefully, representative) members of the
> LPI community?  Why the duplication?  Can something be done to merge the
> duplicate groups?
>

> In general: is there a concerted effort from LPI to maintain a presence
> (official or not) on social network?  Should there be?
>
> Cheers,
>

> --
> Etienne Goyer                                       0x3106BCC2
>
> "For Bruce Schneier, SHA-1 is merely a compression algorithm."
> http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/164

g. matthew rice <matt at starnix.com>      starnix care, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20