[lpi-discuss] Fill in the blank questions

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:09:05 EST 2008

On Wednesday 06 February 2008, G. Matthew Rice wrote:
> kevin at kedens.com writes:
> > I'm a little bit confused when it comes to fill in the blank
> > questions on the LPI 102 exam. Some questions ask you to type the
> > command and others specifically tell you to type only the command.
> > I'm not always sure if you should type only the command, the
> > command and its options, or if you should type the command, its
> > options, and its arguments.
>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> First off, thanks for not posting details about the questions to the
> list.
>
> I'm the person the heads up the exam development at LPI.  If you can
> contact me directly, I am more than happy to go over the items in
> question to see if the wording can be corrected to be more explicit.

Matthew is correct here. I've hosted some labs in the past where we
developed new exam questions, and the guys taking part realized real
quick that they had to be very explicit on this. We all took special
effort to make any fill-in-the-blank questions clear as to exactly what
was and what wasn't to be in the answer.

If there are still some vague questions in the pool that you saw, please
give Matt full details and help LPI fix this oversight.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com