[lpi-discuss] Caveat for those using O'Reilly LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell (2nd Edition)

Imran Chaudhry ichaudhry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:37:40 EST 2008

Fellow LPI exam candidates,

I've just recently passed LPI-1 exams and am now certified. This book
helped me a lot. However I found that there are some slight
differences between what was on the exam and the Objectives listed in
the book. The book was published in 2006 so I thought it would be up
to date with the LPI-1 objectives listed on the website but this is
not so in a just a few areas.

So for those of you relying on this book, it is a good resource but
make sure you print out and read the "Detailed Objectives" of each
exam and note the differences between the book and the website
objectives.

eg. both syslog servers and iptables is mentioned on the website but
not the book.

Regards,
Imran Chaudhry