Activation date of new LPIC-10x objectives Was: [Re: [lpi-discuss] Can I still use my exam?]

Scott Lamberton slamberton at lpi.org
Mon Oct 20 12:29:41 EDT 2008

Karl Schock wrote:
> Hello,
>

>>LPI Central Europe has recently deigned to tell authors of books and training
>>materials »officially« that the LPIC-10x update originally envisioned for 1
>>December 2008 has been postponed until 1 April 2009.
>

> I am an author of training materials but I wasn't told anything
> so LPI Central Europe seems to apply double standards to authors.
> That is not fair! :-(

Karl:

Again this was a courtesy rather than an injustice: LPI-Approved
Training Material partners (as represented by LinupFront) were notified
first.  To earn "LPI Approved" status requires some $$ investment on
their part.  As partners we have a responsibility to give them advance
warning.

However, the difference in notification can probably be numbered in days.

And in anticipation from hearing from everyone else in the world today:
No, Central Europe was not treated preferentially over any other
region--they were just quicker in getting the message out.

scott

P.S.  Please note that "official" and "approved" are not the same thing.