[lpi-discuss] IBM Developer Works update plans for LPI tutorials

Ian Shields ishields at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 7 18:34:55 EDT 2009

What's happening with IBM developerWorks LPI tutorials
- We have just started updating the LPIC-1 material.
- We are looking at using a shorter article format with an article
covering a single objective and several articles for each topic. We hope
this format will make the material more useful to a wider audience, as
well as make each piece easier to produce.
- PDFs will still be available for off-line use
- Registration will no longer be required.
- Our priority is to get our LPIC-1 materials current
- Information about the articles that make up the material for each level
will be on the tabs at our LPI landing page (
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/lpi/).
- There is a link for an RSS feed for LPI tutorials in the right
navigation area on the LPI landing page. We will update it soon to include
the new articles as they become available. You can also build a custom
RSS, Atom or HTML feed (
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/rss/customfeed.jsp) for
developerWorks content that interests you. For LPI material, Check 'Linux'
for the Zone, both 'Articles' and 'Tutorials' for the type, and enter
'Linux Professional Institute' for the keywords, then choose your
preferred feed type.

We welcome comments or suggestions. You can contact me at the address
below.

Ian Shields Ph.D.
Linux  Technologist, ISV & Developer Relations
IBM Corp
Research Triangle Park, NC
ishields at us.ibm.com