[lpi-discuss] IBM Developer Works update plans and LPI2 Exam Prep

Jeremy Hooks jeremyhooks at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 8 10:00:53 EDT 2009

> Just to let folks know that I recently contacted the author of the IBM
> Developer Works LPI-2 tutorials - he does not have any plans to update
> it for the April 09 objectives.

Doesn't surprise me given that a lot of it wasn't updated for the 2006
objectives.

> By the way, what are people using in prepping for LPI-202? Especially
> those of us who already have LPI-201 (pre-April 2009). The majority of
> the objectives do not look all that different from the old exam. I was
> planning on using my LPI in a Nutshell 2nd Ed. plus ensuring I am
> conversant with all the tools/commands mentioned in "The following is
> a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities" lists.

I'm doing pretty much the same thing, LPI in a Nutshell 2nd Ed. combined with
the change summary and the official objectives.  Most of the objectives don't
seem to have changed much, rather they have been moved about.

The change summary is at:

https://group.lpi.org/publicwiki/bin/view/Examdev/L1And2ChangeSummary

It is on a public wiki so make sure you do the usual checks for vandalism.
It is a good rough guide, however, it is far from perfect.