[lpi-discuss] Contents of lpi-discuss digest...

Andy Goldschmidt andy.goldschmidt at forlinux.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 06:49:20 EDT 2009

a good bit of sarcasm goes a long way... .thanks

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 10:35 +0200, Anselm Lingnau wrote:

> Andy Goldschmidt wrote:
>
> > It kinda forces you to buy the LPI text books in order to learn ALL  the
> > material..
>
> Too bad. Heaven forbid you would have to learn one single thing that wasn't
> actually part of the exam :^) (It's not as if the text book authors knew more
> than you -- all *we* get to see is the published objectives, too!)
>
> The LPI certifications aren't meant to encourage targetted swotting-up
> specifically for the exams. The idea is that you prove your expertise by
> answering a majority of questions correctly, rather than making wild guesses.
> Nobody will ever know (or care) if you scored 100% or cleared the bar by just
> one point. If you are generally familiar with the material but miss a command
> or file here or there you will very likely pass anyway.
>
> > LPI should know whats in the exam... and could therefore provide us with
> > a FULL list of commands used !!!!
>
> Yep. They could also just publish all the questions beforehand so we could
> know for sure what to learn.
>
> Anselm
>
> (This is my personal opinion and not that of Linup Front GmbH.)

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments maybe
confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).
Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use
of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission
of the sender. The views expressed in this email are those of the individual
and not necessarily those of ForLinux Limited.

ForLinux Limited email is for business use only.