[lpi-discuss] vmstat output and process swapped (a question in lpi 301 exam)

Javier Barroso javibarroso at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:51:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

One of the question of lpi 301 exam (I passed it this morning) was
about the vmstat output.

It simply showed 5-6 lines of the output, and asked about "max number
of process that were swapped in that period".

Where can I get vmstat reference were explain how to get this number ?
vmstat manpage seems to don't give any clue about.

There was at least one ambiguous question in the exam, perhaps, a
button 'ambiguous' in the exam program could help making better the
exams in the future.

Thanks for any tip/linkabout the question

PD: Sorry if is not allow posting about lpi question here (where
should I post it?)

Regards,