[lpi-discuss] lpi 302 exam question

G. Matthew Rice matt at starnix.com
Wed Jun 17 11:39:14 EDT 2009

Javier Barroso <javibarroso at gmail.com> writes:
> About what version of samba are lpic 302 questions ?

Predominantly (maybe exclusively), Samba 3.  Samba 4 was still too fresh (and
not really out in the wild) to add to the objectives.

That said, we do have to update the 301/302 objectives this summer.

Can anyone confirm that Samba 4 Status is still this:

    http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4#Current_Status

(Yeah, I should have asked on lpi-examdev).

It's looking like we should stick with Samba 3 (and, maybe, add an awareness
of what's coming in Samba 4).

> Which book do you recommend as study guide for lpi 302 exam ? Both
> books are written by samba developpers and the first one by the autor
> of "LDAP System Administration" from Oreilly (a very good source for
> LDAP)

I couldn't recommend either of them (I haven't read them).  However, any
study path should include a review of the objectives (which you seem to have
done).

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt at starnix.com>      starnix care, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20