[lpi-discuss] Searching through these lists

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Tue May 19 11:02:00 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 14:25 +0100, Andy Goldschmidt wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to search through through
> these mailing list.
>
> E.g. I want to see if anyone has posted a question or answer relating
> to a certain topic (e.g. 109.1 Fundamentals of internet protocols)

Dear Andy,

I usually do a google search like:

site:lists.lpi.org "search term"

There's some time lag - it doesn't yet show the most recent discussions
on reiserfs. (I suppose the newest discussions haven't yet hit the
crawler.) But I see some previous discussions using this method, such as
the LILO debate we had back in late '08.

And btw, I see nothing on the list w/r/t discussion on topic 109.1. If
I'm wrong, I'd like to hear about it. (IMO, a candidate should know that
a 192.168.0.0/25 address refers to a 255.255.255.128 mask.)

Thanks,
Mike