[lpi-discuss] Which dists are closest to New LPIC 101/102Objectives?

Andy Goldschmidt andy.goldschmidt at forlinux.co.uk
Mon May 25 03:46:30 EDT 2009

I personally use "Debian 4" and "Centos 5"

I also have a "Redhat 9" virtual machine  for the really old objectives.

On Sun, 24 May 2009 22:56:11 -0400, "Ted Jordan, JordanTeam Learning LLC"
<ted at jordanteam.com> wrote:
> Just finished reviewing the latest objectives, and am having
> a hard time finding/matching settings, files, commands for the
> dists that I'm using (Fedora 10, and Debian 5).  The main
> issues are in the 102 Objectives
>
> 1) I found that syslog is gone, and replaced with rsyslog
> 2) ubuntu no longer uses /etc/inittab (sysV) startup
> 4) no xorg.conf in Fedora
> 7) cannot find GOK or emacspeak for Fedora or Debian
> 8) tzconfig not available on Fedora/Debian
>
> Searched thru repos for some of these and no luck

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments maybe
confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).
Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use
of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission
of the sender. The views expressed in this email are those of the individual
and not necessarily those of ForLinux Limited.

ForLinux Limited email is for business use only.