[lpi-discuss] LPIC 2 study material ?

Ian Shields ishields at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 3 11:21:31 EST 2010

lpi-discuss-bounces at lpi.org wrote on 02/03/2010 03:21:21 AM:

> Re: [lpi-discuss] LPIC 2 study material ?
>
> Etienne Goyer
>
> to:
>
> General discussion relating to LPI.
>
> 02/03/2010 03:31 AM
>
> Sent by:
>
> lpi-discuss-bounces at lpi.org
>
> Please respond to "General discussion relating to LPI."
>
> Bonjour François,
>
> François Coulier wrote:
> > I've got the LPIC-1 level last december. To pass this exam, I used the

> > book "LINUX - Préparation à la certification LPIC-1 (examens LPI 101
et
> > LPI 102) - [2ième édition]", form Sébastien Rohaut (in french). I
> > strongly recomand this book (at least for french-speaking people).
> >
> > Now, I am looking for study materials for level 2, but I cannot find
any
> > in french or english (I've seen a few book in German, though).
> >
> > I'd appreciate any references you may have.
>
> The best online resource I found for LPI exam prep is the IBM
> DeveloperWorks serie of tutorials:
>
>     http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/lpi/
>

> Ian Shields, the author of most of these tutorials, is a participant in
> this list.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Etienne Goyer, LPIC-3 (Mixed Environment)

Thanks for the kind words. We are updating the series to match the April
2009 objectives. Unfortunately, it's going slower than I had hoped. The
latest installment was published yesterday (
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-lpic1-v3-103-5/index.html
) and two more are in final edit, with another close behind.  There is a
road map for the whole series (
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-lpic1-v3-map/index.html)
which has instructions for building a feed so you can know when we publish
new parts. We are publishing in smaller units that no longer require
registration. We are working on LPIC-1 at the moment. If you use the older
material (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/lpi/) for any of the
levels, be sure to check the current objectives and look for resources to
fill any gaps you may have.

Ian Shields Ph.D.
Linux  Technologist, ISV & Developer Relations
IBM Corp
Research Triangle Park, NC
ishields at us.ibm.com