[lpi-discuss] LPIC 2 study material ?

Marcus Becker distributer at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Feb 7 09:54:16 EST 2010

Hi,

this is a really good idea. I also believe nobody can learn all the
objectives in one week training for a few thousand dollars.

My few words regarding LPIc-2:
LPI is the only company that provides the objectives in that detail. In
the beginning I still checked the wiki books, but it seems this is just
a copy of the original wiki.lpi.org page.

I just wanted to mention, you don't need to be paid to train being an
administrator. Just set up your own environment (Lab), in days where
visualization is everywhere.
e.g. my P4 at home here runs an openvz patched kernel with 3 different
OS as vps. That one cost me about 30 € at ebay :) You could set up a
whole company network on one machine and not run into licensing issues,
as you would with other OS.

Just start you own web server, either at home or on a root server
(~30$/mo). I think the vps out there don't make sense, since you have to
work on network and load balancing etc. Apache/Network/Security is a big
subject (makes sense).
The advantage is, that if your server is somewhere else you learn more
about networks, routes etc. (which you should know from LPIC-1 anyway).

So finally I agree, learning by doing :)

Thanks,

Marcus