[lpi-discuss] LPIC 2 study material ?

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Sun Feb 7 10:08:33 EST 2010

Marcus,

A very good point about setting up your own server(s) using
virtualization to learn about systems administration.

>The advantage is, that if your server is somewhere else you learn more
>about networks, routes etc. (which you should know from LPIC-1 anyway).

Yes and no.  If your server is some other place you still have to deal
with what your ISP or server vendor is presenting to you.

With virtualization these days, you can set up any style network you
like, and other than the hardware issues see what the software will do
without disrupting other people's networks.

One thing you really can not learn at home, however, is how to deal with
difficult users.....unless you yourself have a really unusual
personality.

Then again, I do not know how LPI would test for that capability. :-)

md