[lpi-discuss] obsolete course material

ross brunson ross at brunson.org
Tue Feb 16 11:23:39 EST 2010

Nice one Anselm, so much for distribution-agnostic...  The LPIC is a good foundation for learning Linux, but if anyone thinks they can guarantee that the jobs they will get or want to get will all be based on a certain distribution, they're wrong.

> Just ditch that openSUSE and get yourself a copy of Fedora or (possibly even
> better) CentOS if you want to look at a distribution that actually uses what's
> on the exam.
>
> Anselm

So, Slavash, I recommend getting 3 VM's running and using them all for reference, Ubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora/CentOS, you'll see differences between them, but with all three of those, when you go to put those skills to use in an organization (presuming you don't already) you'll be prepared for the main candidates used in a supported enterprise.

Ross

Ross Brunson
ross at brunson.org
Author, Trainer, Explainer