[lpi-discuss] LPI program, SQL, PAM

Guillaume Allegre guillaume.allegre at silecs.info
Tue Feb 8 05:14:59 EST 2011

Hello,

since it's my first post here, I will introduce myself :
I'm a Linux sysadmin and trainer since several years. As a trainer,
I work for a french academic organization.
I recently passed LPIC-1 (and prepare LPIC-2) ; my organization has also been approved
as an LPI AAP last autumn, and we are about to propose our first LPI training cursus.

Globally, I find the LPI program well structured and progressive, but there is
an oddity with SQL in 102. SQL is quite specific, and in real-life context, you
can be a good linux administrator without be sql-litterate.
It seems to me that SQL is arbitrarily chosen among a bulk of services, others
being all grouped in 202.
On the other hand, PAM is in 202 whereas it's a part of the core system, and I think
even junior administrators should have had at least an introduction to PAM.

So, you guessed, my proposal is to swap these 2 topics for the next version of the
LPI program.
Please, if there is a more formal way or more specific list for this kind of discussion,
let me know.

Regards,

--
 ° /\    Guillaume Allègre                                 SILECS  SARL
  /~~\/\  Guillaume.Allegre at silecs.info         Solutions Informatiques Libres