[lpi-discuss] pdbedit vs smbpasswd and LPIC-2

G. Matthew Rice matt at starnix.com
Mon Feb 14 14:49:05 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Sergio Belkin <sebelk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> everything you need to know".  With only a weight of 4 (ie 4 questions
>> on Samba) in the 202 exam, you shouldn't expect a lot of depth into
>> the tools.
>
> Thanks Matthew for the explanation and suggestion. However a weight of 4 is
> not inconsiderable... I think....  doesn't it maximum weight of 5?

Hi Sergio,

sorry, I missed this e-mail from earlier.  I know you moved the tech
talk over to the examdev list but I'll just answer this question here
for posterity.

You are right that a weighting of 4 is significant compared to other
objectives.  However, at only 6.7% of the questions on the exams, it
is small compared to the total number of questions on the exam.

A candidate can know nothing about Samba and still pass the 202 exam.
Of course, if the candidate takes that attitude towards too many
areas, failure is almost certain.  Even with a little study, 1-3 of
the Samba questions should be answerable.  How much effort someone
wants to put in for that last one Samba question is up to them,
though. It's pretty much a guarantee that, at least, one of the four
samba questions will be difficult.

Study accordingly :)

Regards,
--