[lpi-discuss] How do I prepare for the exam lpic2?

Enrique Verdes emverdes at ieee.org
Mon Jan 3 08:50:55 EST 2011

2011/1/3 Tawanda Purazi <tawanda at custom-cut.co.za>:
> Pepo,
>
> There is good study material on snow.nl and also check on the IBM
> developerworks website
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/linux/libraryview.jsp?type_by=Tutori
> als  for LPIC 2 topics, youn may need to register to get an IBM id and its
> free. Sybex is good but you should not rely on it only as your source of
> study material. I used sybex extensively to prepare for my LPIC-1 but did
> not get good marks

On the books side, I recommend the LPI in a Nutshell from O'Reilly.
The newest editions cover both LPIC 1 and 2, and for me is also a very
good reference book.

If you want to learn, not only to pass the exams, I also recommend the
Linux System Administration Handbook, from Evi Nemeth and others. Very
good reading and covers most of the topics you need to learn for the
cert.

the snow.nl site is pretty fine, but for me falls a bit short on some
topics, from the learning perspective. I think is a very good resource
for exam preparation, but I'd like some more substance.

IBM DeveloperWorks tutorials are a very good resource too.

Enrique.

> Tawanda Purazi

Enrique M. Verdes
http://www.elgallego.info

"Me preocupa la supremacía de las corporaciones sobre los individuos,
de la disciplina partidaria sobre el libre pensamiento, de los
derechos sobre las obligaciones. No podemos concebir una ciudadanía
responsable donde los derechos son permanentes y obligatorios, y las
obligaciones esporádicas y voluntarias."
Dr. Jorge Grünberg. Rector Universidad ORT Uruguay. Ceremonia de
Graduación 2010.