[lpi-discuss] List of good LPI study books

Koen Vervloesem koen at vervloesem.eu
Thu Jan 13 02:50:08 EST 2011

Hi Mark,

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 02:36:30AM +0100, Mark Scholten wrote:

> What are good books to learn more about the objectives for the LPI exams? I
> did see multiple books covering LPI 101/LPI 102/LPI 199. For LPI 201/LPI 202
> and LPI 30X I didn't see any books.

As far as I know, at the moment there are no English or Dutch books covering the *latest* LPI 201/LPI 202 exams. However, if you can wait for a few months, there will. I have found a LPIC-2 Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide by Sybex on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/LPIC-2-Linux-Professional-Institute-Certification/dp/1118000153/

The page lists May 17, 2011 as the publication date.

I have used their LPIC-1 study guide successfully to prepare for the LPI 101/LPI 102 exams and I found it quite good, though sometimes a bit too terse. I intend to use their upcoming LPIC-2 study guide to prepare for the LPI 201/LPI 202 exams, as I expect it to be of the same quality (it has the same author, Roderick W. Smith).

Kind regards,

Koen