[lpi-discuss] Questions about expiration of certification

S. W. Davison swdavison at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:42:21 EST 2011

My level one certification will expire in April.  In reading over
Section 6 on the "Policies" page
(http://www.lpi.org/eng/certification/policies) it appears to me that if
I pass one of the level two exams before then, but not the other, then:
1.  My level one certification will lapse.
2.  If I subsequently pass the other level two exam within the five year
time limit I will then have active level one and level two certifications.

Is that correct?

More questions:  Some time ago I heard of an LPI certification
specifically for Ubuntu.  I cannot find any mention of that
certification or exam anywhere on the LPI web site.  My questions:
1.  Is that certification still available?
2.  If so, would passing the Ubuntu certification exam extend my level
one certification?

Thanks for any information.

Stowe Davison