[lpi-discuss] Questions about expiration of certification

Scott Lamberton slamberton at lpi.org
Mon Jan 31 17:56:06 EST 2011

On 11-01-31 11:42 AM, S. W. Davison wrote:
> My level one certification will expire in April.  In reading over
> Section 6 on the "Policies" page
> (http://www.lpi.org/eng/certification/policies) it appears to me that if
> I pass one of the level two exams before then, but not the other, then:
> 1.  My level one certification will lapse.
> 2.  If I subsequently pass the other level two exam within the five year
> time limit I will then have active level one and level two certifications.
>
> Is that correct?

No.  In order for you to recertify you need to either take (and pass)
both exams of LPIC-2 before your LPIC-1 lapses or redo your LPIC-1
exams.  You may be confusing the recertification policy and the expiry
of "single exams".
> More questions:  Some time ago I heard of an LPI certification
> specifically for Ubuntu.  I cannot find any mention of that
> certification or exam anywhere on the LPI web site.  My questions:
> 1.  Is that certification still available?

No.  As someone else has indicated Canonical is making their own stand
alone certification.

scott

--
Scott Lamberton