[lpi-discuss] [LPI-News] Linux Professional Institute Announces New Training Partners in China and Philippines

Scott Lamberton slamberton at lpi.org
Tue May 17 12:39:40 EDT 2011

LPI Announces New Training Partners in China and Philippines

(Sacramento, CA, USA: May 17, 2011) The Linux Professional Institute
(LPI), the world's premier Linux certification organization
(http://www.lpi.org), and its affiliate, LPI-Asia Pacific
(http://www.lpi-apac.org/) announced new LPI-Approved Training Partners
(LPI-ATP) in the region: Beijing Shenghao Boyuan Technology Company of
mainland China (http://www.linux-bjsh.com/) and Concentrix of the
Philippines (http://www.concentrix.com).

"We are noting an increasing adoption of our certification program
throughout the Asia Pacific region, particularly in China and the ASEAN
group of countries as demonstrated by these two new partners. As a
result, we are receiving more inquiries for approved training partners
who have an in-depth understanding of our exam objectives. Shenghao and
Concentrix are well-positioned to fill this role within their respective
territories," said Jim Lacey, president and CEO of LPI. Mr. Lacey noted
he will also be travelling to the region in early July as a featured
speaker at the Malaysia Open Source Conference (http://www.mosc.my/)

"In the past few years, we have seen an enormous demand for Linux talent
within the fast growing IT industry of China. However, recruiting costs
are still significant for employers and the competition for available
jobs is challenging. Fortunately, as additional enterprises,
organizations, and government agencies recognize the competency and
knowledge represented by LPI certification, an increasing number of
people are keen to take LPIC exams in order to become more competitive.
Shenghao has been working on training Linux professionals for years. We
are now putting all of our best resources into providing professional
training and exam preparation programs, developing high-quality course
materials and offering flexible exam channels. Shenghao truly believes
that all stakeholders will benefit from the close cooperation of LPI and
Shenghao," said Anne Li, General Manager, Beijing Shenghao Boyuan
Technology Co.,Ltd., China.

For more information on LPI's training partner program please see:
http://www.lpi.org/training

The Linux Professional Institute is globally supported by the IT
industry, enterprise customers, community professionals, government
entities and the educational community. LPI's certification program is
supported by an affiliate network spanning five continents and is
distributed worldwide in multiple languages at more than 7,000 testing
locations. Since 1999, LPI has delivered over 290,000 exams and 95,000
LPIC certifications around the world.

# # #

About the Linux Professional Institute:

The Linux Professional Institute provides a global framework, industry
leadership and other services to enhance, develop and further lifelong
professional careers in Linux and Open Source technologies. Established
as an international non-profit organization in September 1999 by the
Linux community, the Linux Professional Institute continues to
demonstrate recognized global leadership, direction and skill standards
for those who pursue a career in Linux and Open Source technology. LPI
advances the Linux and Open Source movement through strategic partners,
sponsorships, innovative programs and community development activities.
LPI's major financial sponsors are Platinum Sponsors IBM, Linux Journal,
Linux Magazine, Novell, SGI, and TurboLinux as well as Gold Sponsors, HP
and IDG.

Media Contacts:

Scott Lamberton
Director of Communications
Linux Professional Institute
http://www.lpi.org
slamberton at lpi.org
+1-905-269-0862

Christy Tsang
LPI-Asia Pacific
http://www.lpi-apac.org/
ctsang at lpi.org
+852 3107 0577
Contact: Scott Lamberton, Director of Communications
Email: slamberton at lpi.org
Telephone: +1-905-269-0862