[lpi-discuss] [LPI-News] LPI Announces new Master Affiliate for the UK and Ireland

Scott Lamberton slamberton at lpi.org
Thu Nov 17 14:00:02 EST 2011

LPI Announces new Master Affiliate for the UK and Ireland

(Sacramento, CA, USA: November 17, 2011) The Linux Professional
Institute (LPI), the world's premier Linux certification organization
(http://www.lpi.org), has announced a new Master Affiliate for the UK
and Ireland (LPI UK).  LPI UK will be managed and operated by TDM Open
Source Services (www.tdm.info) of Worcestershire, England.

"LPI has been working with key people at TDM Open Source Services for
some time and welcomes this new partnership as they pursue Linux
professional mentorship and apprenticeship programs both
within the UK and the European Union.  TDM will be an ideal addition to
our network of European affiliates who are aggressively promoting the
professional adoption of Linux and Open Source Solutions," said Jim
Lacey, president and CEO of LPI. Mr.Lacey noted in particular TDM's
innovative work in providing for professional e-learning Linux
apprenticeships which incorporate IT training towards LPI certification.

TDM (www.tdm.info) is an Open Source Software Services company providing
IT solutions built on Linux.  The company emerged out of the development
of custom eLearning Solutions created and deployed by unified teams of
Linux systems administrators, software developers, web designers,
educators and educational managers.

“We are highly honoured to become the new affiliate for LPI
Certification in the UK and Ireland.  We know this is the right move for
both ourselves and LPI. Given the expertise of our team, it is a logical
step for us to extend our interest in supporting Open Source
technologies for educational programs into supporting educational
programs for Open Source professionals. LPI truly is the only Linux
certification that employees and employers actively consider within our
market. LPI’s success is based on the fact that it is vendor neutral.
For example, the companies and organizations we work with do not tend to
run one single Linux distribution,” said Derrin Kent, managing director
of TDM.

Mr.Kent also invited the participation and cooperation of other IT
training organizations in the UK and Ireland in developing innovative
training solutions for the LPI certification program: "TDM became
successful  by openly sharing our own and adopting others’ software code
line innovations...just like the Linux project itself.  We now believe
we can achieve even higher levels of success by encouraging a similarly
open approach to the collaborative development of Open Educational
Approaches and Resources amongst fellow LPIC Training Suppliers.  We are
actively seeking to extend and widen the range of Academic and
Commercial partners in the UK.  We are especially looking for partners
who would like to collaboratively engage with us as we develop training
skills, approaches, curricula and materials for LPIC delivery in the UK.”

For more information on LPI's training partner program please see:
http://www.lpi.org/training

The Linux Professional Institute is globally supported by the IT
industry, enterprise customers, community professionals, government
entities and the educational community. LPI's certification program is
supported by an affiliate network spanning five continents and is
distributed worldwide in multiple languages at more than 7,000 testing
locations.

# # #

About TDM:

TDM now consists of three divisions: TDM Open Source Software Services
(www.TDM.info), TDM Wyre Academy (www.WyreAcademy.com) and the LPI
Master Affiliate for the UK & Ireland. TDM's Wyre Academy delivers high
stakes IT & Management Certifications and Apprenticeships. The Wyre
Academy is a UK market leader in delivering Open Source IT
Apprenticeships Programs.

About the Linux Professional Institute:

The Linux Professional Institute provides a global framework, industry
leadership and other services to enhance, develop and further lifelong
professional careers in Linux and Open Source technologies. Established
as an international non-profit organization in September 1999 by the
Linux community, the Linux Professional Institute continues to
demonstrate recognized global leadership, direction and skill standards
for those who pursue a career in Linux and Open Source technology. LPI
advances the Linux and Open Source movement through strategic partners,
sponsorships, innovative programs and community development activities.
LPI's major financial sponsors are Platinum Sponsors IBM, Linux Journal,
Linux Magazine, Novell, SGI, and TurboLinux as well as Gold Sponsors, HP
and IDG.

Media Contact:

Scott Lamberton
Director of Communications
Linux Professional Institute
http://www.lpi.org
slamberton at lpi.org
+1-905-269-0862
Contact: Scott Lamberton, Director of Communications
Email: slamberton at lpi.org
Telephone: +1-905-269-0862