[LPI-News] Linux Professional Institute (LPI) and VCampus Launch Training Portal

Scott Lamberton scottl at lpi.org
Wed Apr 4 13:32:35 EDT 2007

Linux Professional Institute (LPI) and VCampus Launch Training Portal

Designed to Support Growing Worldwide Demand for Skilled Linux Professionals

(RESTON, Va., USA – April 4, 2007) VCampus Corporation (OTCBB: VCMP.OB),
a leader in certification and professional development training and
services, together with the Linux Professional Institute (LPI), today
announced the launch of the LPI North America Online Learning Portal.
Based on LPI's globally-recognized certification objectives, this portal
is poised to meet growing demand for sophisticated, professional Linux
programmers, consultants and systems administrators. You can log on to
the VCampus LPI Online Learning Portal at http://www.vcampus.com/lpinama.

Linux currently represents an $18 billion dollar market, and according
to IDC, is slated to grow to $40 billion in less than three years.
Almost 40 percent of corporate IT departments currently use Linux
technologies and open source in key areas. Within the next five years,
open source will have become a fact of life for every technologist.
Employer demand for qualified Linux professionals is strong and growing
rapidly in the corporate market – it is the most exciting growth area in
the IT sector. Although LPI has delivered over 145,000 exams around the
globe, a shortage of talented Linux professionals persists.

To ensure that true professionals satisfy this demand, VCampus' portal
offers practice exams, online learning, and the option for prepared
candidates to purchase LPI certification exam vouchers. Ross Brunson,
author of the LPIC-I Exam Cram 2 Study Guide, says that LPI's North
American Online Learning Portal shows that Linux has matured and
continues its growth as a major corporate player. “Just a few years ago,
many questioned whether Linux could become mainstream. Now, if you don't
have Linux knowledge, you're not mainstream. Linux is already where you
work – and it'll grow over 100 percent by 2010. The portal makes it
possible to get the knowledge you need to take advantage of that.”

LPI's vendor-neutral certifications have seen major growth over the last
year, with more than 30,000 exams taken last year alone. Jon “maddog”
Hall, President of Linux International, knows why interest has surged.
“With Linux in the server room and the data center, there's an
increasing need for Linux expertise. This program is based on LPI's
industry-respected research, not just one vendor's idea of what's
important.”

The launch of the LPI North America Online Learning Portal further
strengthens VCampus’ commitment to empowering people globally through
certification and professional development. “LPI is a recognized, global
community of Linux experts,” says James Stanger, Chief Certification
Architect for VCampus and noted author on Linux and open source. “Linux
is revolutionizing the IT department, and we're excited to put our
expertise to work in creating and training this specialized,
professional and growing audience.”

- 30 -

About Linux Professional Institute (LPI)
The Linux Professional Institute promotes and certifies essential skills
on Linux and Open Source technologies through the global delivery of
comprehensive, top quality, vendor-independent exams. Established as an
international non-profit organization in 1999 by the Linux community,
the Linux Professional Institute continues to demonstrate recognized
global leadership in the certification of Linux professionals while
advancing the Linux and Open Source movement through strategic partners,
sponsorships, innovative programs and community development activities.
LPI's major financial sponsors are Platinum Sponsors IBM, Linux Journal,
Linux Magazine, Novell, SGI, and TurboLinux as well as Gold Sponsors,
Hewlett-Packard and IDG. Visit LPI at www.lpi.org.

About VCampus®
VCampus Corporation (OTCBB: VCMP.OB), a provider of comprehensive
e-learning services, helps organizations that offer professional
certifications and credentials unlock the value of their traditional
branded course content. Through its innovative Select Partner® Program,
VCampus repurposes value-added training content for online delivery to
enhance and support professional development programs. The Select
Partner Program provides custom course development, publishing, hosting,
e-commerce, reporting, account support and marketing services. With over
a decade of e-learning experience, VCampus has delivered more than 3.1
million courses to more than 1.1 million desktops/users in professional
credentialing and certification organizations, associations,
non-profits, government agencies and corporations. VCampus distributes a
courseware library of more than 3,900 Web-based courses. VCampus
Corporation is headquartered in Reston, Va. For more information, call
800-915-9298, or visit the VCampus Web site at www.VCampus.com.

Forward-Looking Statements Disclaimer
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the
meaning of the federal Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
Statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact
are forward-looking. Without limiting the foregoing, references to
future growth or expansion or scheduled product launch dates are
forward-looking, and words such as “anticipates,” “believes,” “could,”
“estimate,” “designed to,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “might,” “should,”
“will” and “would,” and other forms of these words or similar words, are
intended to identify forward-looking information. You should read
statements that contain these words carefully because they discuss our
future expectations, contain projections of our future results of
operations or of our financial position, or state other forward-looking
information. There might be events in the future that we are not able to
predict accurately or control, and any forward-looking statements are
subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results
to differ materially. These risks and uncertainties include: (1) our
history of losses, projection of future losses and our need to raise
additional capital; (2) uncertainties regarding our ability to continue
as a going concern and repay our debts as they become due; (3) market
acceptance of our new and future products; (4) uncertainties regarding
the successful implementation of our Select Partner Program or the
timely release of products; (5) growing competition; and (6) our ability
to maintain and manage our growth, integrate any acquired businesses,
including Prosoft, and reduce expenses. For additional information
regarding risk factors that could affect our future results, please
refer to the discussions of “Risk and Uncertainties” in our Annual
Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2005 and other SEC
filings.

Media contact:

Scott Lamberton
Director of Communications